I started gaining weight when I started blogging :( so, to burn out some calories I decided to join a dance class.....but, contrary to my expectations, I still never stopped gaining weight and guess why??We are a group of 8 in the dance class. Though our primal purpose of forming a group was to practice dance, food turned out to be the main agenda of the group. Almost every day someone in our group would’ve got some snacks to tempt us into eating. It was during one of those occasions that my friend Shetal had brought some home made spicy roasted cashewnuts. The moment I had a bite I decided to try this out the same day and here it goes…
500 grams unsalted cashews (unroasted)
3-4 tablespoon besan powder/gram flour
1-2 tablespoon kashmiri chili powder
A pinch asafoetida
Salt as required
Oil for frying
- Mix gram flour, cashew nuts, chili powder, asafoetida and salt in a bowl
- Sprinkle water in between and mix well so that the masala adheres well with the cashew nuts (ensure that the masala should be dry and not sticky or watery).
- Heat oil in a kadai.
- Spread these cashew nuts and fry in medium flame.
- Remove from pan and spread it on a tissue paper to drain excess oil.
- Store in an airtight container once it cools down.