Pancit canton is a noodle dish of Chinese origin that has become very much a part of the Filipino cuisine. A yummy stir fried dish with meat and vegetables.
1 pkt(230gms) pancit canton flour sticks(wheat noodles)
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1 medium onion, chopped
1 tender chicken breast, boneless and sliced thin
1 1/2 cup water or chicken stock
2 tablespoon shredded cabbage
2 tablespoon carrot julienned
2 tablespoon green beans julienned
2 tablespoon sliced capsicum
1 tablespoon crushed pepper corns
salt to taste
2 tablespoon oil
1 tablespoon soy sauce
- Heat oil in a wok. Add the garlic and onion and saute for 1 minute.
- Add the shredded chicken and stir fry on high flame for 2 minutes. Then add the vegetables. Stir fry for a few minute(vegetables should be crisp).
- Then add the water or stock.
- Season with salt and pepper. Add the soy sauce and bring this to a boil.
- Now add the pancit canton and cook stirring occasionally until the noodles absorbs the water completely and is cooked and dry.
- Serve hot.