Rich egg custard in crisp and flaky pastry.
1 cup milk
1 cup sugar
3 Tbsp cornflour
6 egg yolks
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 packet frozen puff pastry sheets(thawed)
- Preheat oven to 190 degree Celsius. Lightly grease and line 12 muffin cups with the pastry sheets, pressing the pastry sheets to the bottom and sides of the muffin cups.
- Combine milk, cornflour, sugar and vanilla in a saucepan. Cook this mixture on a medium low heat until it starts to thicken.
- In a separate bowl mix the egg yolks with half cup of the above prepared milk mixture. Whisk well.
- Add this yolk mixture gradually back into the milk mixture, stirring continuously Cook whisking continuously until the whole mixture thickens.
- Remove from heat and pour this mixture equally into each pastry sheet lined in the muffin cups.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the crust of the pastry turns golden brown and the custard filling is lightly browned.
- Serve warm.